collapse collapse

• stats Total Members: 7426013
  • stats Total Posts: 7831683
  • stats Total Topics: 9163233
  • stats Total Categories: 1
  • stats Total Boards: 38
  • stats Most Online: 264972

* Latest Members

Author Topic: Man gets slapped by policeman for recording a Lebanese maltreating his Nigerian staff in Lagos (Video)  (Read 8361 times)

Davido

Man gets slapped by policeman for recording a Lebanese maltreating his Nigerian staff in Lagos (Video)

A Nigerian man has taken to social media to narrate his encounter with a Lebanese man. According to his post, he had witnessed the man manhandling one of his staff ad decided to record it. Here are more details on the story.

- A Nigerian man has taken to social media to narrate his encounter with a Lebanese man

- According to his post, he had witnessed the man manhandling one of his staff and decided to record it

- This led him into trouble with the police when the Lebanese man took notice of him

A Twitter user identified as Ajibola has just revealed how he was allegedly assaulted by the police after he witnessed and recorded a Lebanese man mistreating one of his staff as the Novare mall in Lekki, Lagos.

According to him, when the Lebanese man noticed what he was doing, he called the security men  who later alerted a policeman close by. He revealed that the policeman alleged slapped him first without asking questions and made him deleted the video, saying it was a crime against the law of the land.

He narrated the story,"On the 20th of July, 2018, I came into Novare Mall to watch a movie Lara and the Beats at about 830pm. Ater the movie, on my way out, I noticed a Lebanese man in HandH restaurant and cafe ill treating a Nigerian and I brought out my phone to record.

READ ALSO: I thought I was coming to Lagos to have fun after all he promised me - Lady cries out in horror after visiting guy she met online

The Lebanese man saw me and accosted me with the sole aim of seizing my phone. I tried to resist but he over powered me. At this point, a group of security men came including a man who introduced himself as the Chief Security Officer (CSO).

The CSO ordered I handed over the phone to him but I blatantly refused. He sent a guard to call the police. A policeman came and without listening to my side of the story gave me a deafening slap and dragged me by my trousers (like a criminal) to a police post within the premises

READ ALSO: Violence reportedly broke out at Mayorkun?s concert as Davido?s bouncer assault journalist

I was forced by the police, Novare's security and the Lebanese man to delete the video from my phone. The staff that was been beaten by the Lebanese was cajoled to say that the Lebanese man was only playing with him.Under so much duress by the police I was told to write a statement which was dictated to me. For the fear of my safety, I complied. The Lebanese man also claimed that I cut his wrist watch strap, but in the video, he had no wristwatch on while he was beating the staff.

The police said for taking the video I had done something criminal according to the law of the land. I was left to go around 1230am. On my way to my car the Lebanese man tried to offer me money but I refused. After driving to safety by a stroke of thought, I recovered the video and posted it on Instagram. I was thoroughly harassed in Novare Mall, a place I come to practically everyday to shop.

I have also reported this incident to people in case I am attacked in the nearest future for putting out the video. #lebanesebrutality #Novarelekki"

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News on NAIJ.com News App

Get the hottest gist on Naija Uncensored Facebook Group

Top Nigeria Richest States: Can You Name Them? | Naij.com TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Naija.ng

Source: Man gets slapped by policeman for recording a Lebanese maltreating his Nigerian staff in Lagos (Video)

* Top Boards

• board USA
  • Topics: 1929453 | Posts: 2691182
  • board Russia
  • Topics: 17739 | Posts: 820731
  • board Canada
  • Topics: 1684532 | Posts: 701600
  • board Britain
  • Topics: 979498 | Posts: 627187
  • board Nigeria
  • Topics: 939280 | Posts: 393551
  • board France