• stats Total Members: 3588999
  • stats Total Posts: 6964945
  • stats Total Topics: 7502133
  • stats Total Categories: 4
  • stats Total Boards: 78
  • stats Most Online: 282435

* Latest Members

* Untitledng

Author Topic: INEC?s new tracking device will curtail rigging in Ekiti election - REC  (Read 8367 times)

Adeboye

INEC?s new tracking device will curtail rigging in Ekiti election - REC

All the party agents were present here, to witness the distribution and they confirmed the materials, and we encouraged them to tell their people at the local governments to be there to receive the election materials.

- INEC has distributed elections materials to all 16 local government areas in Ekiti state

- The commission is conducting gubernatorial election in the state on Saturday, July 14

- Professor Abdul-Ganiyu Olayinka Raji, the REC, said that with the new tracking device, it will be difficult for the election to be rigged

The Ekiti state Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Professor Abdul-Ganiyu Olayinka Raji, has revealed that the fast approaching election in the state will not be rigged.

NAIJ.com reports that he made this disclosure at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) complex in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, on Thursday, July 12, after overseeing the distribution of election materials to the various local government areas of the state.

READ ALSO: Breaking: Buhari finally commissions Abuja light railway project (photos, video)

According to him, every vehicle leaving the premises of the bank has a tracking device attached to it, with which their destination is strictly monitored.

INEC distributing election materials ahead of Ekiti governorship election holding on Saturday, July 14

While showing the journalists a screenshot of the central monitor of the tracking device on his mobile phone, Professor Oluyinka noted that there?s no way anybody can take the materials to wrong destinations as they have put machinery in place to forestall such occurrences.

INEC distributing election materials ahead of Ekiti governorship election holding on Saturday, July 14

?We took delivery of the materials today and we have distributed them and sent them to the local governments.

?The materials were accompanied by the electoral officers, security agencies and the supervising REC.

?I have 5 supervising RECs sent to come and assist me here, and four national commissioners.

?So, three national commissioners accompanied the materials to two local governments each, each of the RECs also accompanied the materials to two local governments each.

?All the party agents were present here, to witness the distribution and they confirmed the materials, and we encouraged them to tell their people at the local governments to be there to receive the materials.

?So, we did it with the security agencies, with the party agents and very senior officials of INEC,? the varsity don explained.

Asked about the much touted tracking device attached to the vehicles that conveyed the sensitive materials to the local governments, the Ekiti REC informed that all will go as planned.

He said: ?We are tracking it. If you want to see it, I can show you on my phone.

?The tracks that we have. I was seated there, monitoring, because they have two local governments each.

?As soon as they get to each of the local governments, I see that they have gotten there, I call the REC. We are at this local government and they have been confirming that.

?I have some screenshots that I captured.?

He also told the journalists on ground that there would be no report of late arrival of materials to polls on the day of the election.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had earlier reported that despite all the controversies surrounding the forthcoming election in Ekiti state and most especially the heated discussion it has generated on social media, Ado-Ekiti, the state capital of Ekiti state, on Thursday, July 12, is calm and quiet.

Ekiti 2018: Water tight security in Ado-Ekiti as INEC expects election materials - on NAIJ.com TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Naija.ng

Source: INEC?s new tracking device will curtail rigging in Ekiti election - REC

* Top Boards

• board USA
  • Topics: 1388022 | Posts: 1333019
  • board Britain
  • Topics: 755057 | Posts: 774907
  • board Russia
  • Topics: 5496 | Posts: 675647
  • board Saudi Arabia
  • Topics: 658287 | Posts: 666645